With Globalization and computerization, plain language descriptions of products and services need to be replaced by identification systems that are usable in all trade and industry sectors world-wide.
Barcode system has been developed to meet this need by providing solutions that guarantees unique and unambiguous identification. Manufacturers, exporters, importers, hospitals, wholesalers, retailers, etc. can use the system to communicate information regarding the goods or services they trade.
These unique identification numbers can be represented by bar code symbols. This enables inexpensive and accurate data capture thus providing the required information at all points of the supply chain.
One of the main concepts of this system is that any item (product or service) upon which there is a need to retrieve pre-defined information and that may be priced or ordered or invoiced at any point in any supply chain can be allocated a unique identification number - the Global Trade Item Number, or GTIN for short.
Barcodes became commercially successful when they were used to automate supermarket checkout systems, a task for which they have become almost universal. Their use has spread to many other tasks that are generically referred to as automatic identification and data capture
· Barcode identify items in the supply chain
· Barcode are unique Provides unambiguous & universal identification of products
· Helps with faster listing of products on e-commerce platforms
· Meets prerequisite to doing business with modern trade retailers
· Facilitates accurate and faster billing at retail billing counters
· Empowers search engines to provide more precise search results, increasing visibility of products online
· Gives an international look and feel to products
· Enables automated data capture with 100% information accuracy. This helps eliminate human errors, offering a reliable way to read encoded information
· Ensures correct consignment dispatches as per customer orders
· Supports accurate real-time stock management for manufacturers/suppliers and retailers
· Helps meet several buyer/regulatory compliance requirements internationally and nationally
· Allows efficient track & trace and recall of all product types (e.g. consumer products, medical devices, pharmaceuticals, food, electronics, alcoholic beverages, etc.) helping ensure patient and consumer safety
· Optimised inventory management - as product packages feature barcodes, businesses can use the technology to maintain accurate control over inventory. For example, warehouses and retailers can scan barcodes when products arrive and leave, to take a record of inventory. Some companies link their inventory control to online portals so that they can instantly update package status.
· Achieve accurate and efficient procurement - since the GS1 barcode is a unique key to identify a product (via GTIN), it can be used to identify products without any ambiguity and place accurate orders for them.
FOR CONSULTATION & LEGAL DOCUMENTATION IN RAJASTHAN
CALL ON 08696019471